'Zardoz' Nov. 14 at Wendell Free Library
WENDELL — The 1974 movie “Zardoz” will be shown on Saturday, Nov. 14, at 7:30 p.m., at the Wendell Free Library, at 7 Wendell Depot Rd.
In the distant future, Earth is divided into two camps, the barely civilized group and the overly civilized one with mental powers. A plague is attacking the second group, after which its members cease to have any interest in life and become nearly catatonic. When Zed, one of the barbarians, crosses over, the tenuous balance in their world is threatened.
Shown 30 minutes prior to the film will be the Doctor Who episode “The Ribos Operation: Part Three,” with Tom Baker as The Doctor, Mary Tamm as Romana and John Leeson as the voice of K9.
Zardoz is the next in the monthly series of science fiction/fantasy and horror/monster movies at the library. Admission is free. For more information about the library, visit www.wendellfreelibrary.org or call 978-544-3559.
All movies start with a short opening film (a half-hour TV or movie serial) at 7 p.m., followed by film screenings at 7:30 p.m., unless otherwise noted. Upcoming movies in this series are:
• Dec. 12 — “The Fearless Vampire Killers” starring Jack MacGowran, Roman Polanski, Alfie Bass, Jessie Robins, Sharon Tate, Ferdy Mayne and Iain Quarrier.
• Jan. 9 — “Twelve Monkeys” starring Bruce Willis, Madeleine Stowe and Brad Pitt.
• Feb. 6 — “Odd Thomas” starring Anton Yelchin, Ashley Sommers and Leonor Varela.
• March 5 — “War Games” starring Matthew Broderick, Ally Sheedy and John Wood.
• April 9 — The Pyx” starring Karen Black, Christopher Plummer and Donald Pilon.