Orange selectboard meets tonight
ORANGE — The selectmen will meet today, Wednesday, Jan. 3, at 6:30 p.m. in the meeting room at the town hall.
The agenda includes:
Approval of minutes: Dec. 27.
• Board and committee vacancies: Finance Committee — two openings; Conservation Commission — four openings; Zoning Board of Appeals — two openings: one member and one alternate member; Armory Commission — one opening; Master Plan Committee — 13 openings.
• Selectmen’s office hours.
• Congressman James P. McGovern’s local office hours.
• Community breakfasts.
• 2017 programs for kids and families at the Orange Public Libraries.
• Special election — Monday, Jan. 8, from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. This is a debt exclusion ballot question to fund the Elementary School feasibility study.
• Nomination papers for the March 5 annual town election — Available to obtain through Thursday, Jan. 11, and must be returned by Tuesday, Jan. 16.
• Planning Board public hearing regarding commercial licensed recreational marijuana general bylaw and zoning bylaw changes — Tuesday, Jan. 16, at 7 p.m. at Mahar Regional High School, 507 South Main St., in the Kermit Cook Auditorium.
• Special town meeting — Thursday, Jan. 25, at 7 p.m. at Orange Town Hall.
• Approval of warrant articles related to Town of Orange zoning bylaws for purposes of regulating medical-use and recreational-use marijuana establishments within the town; Discussion of letters of non-opposition and host community agreements — Mercedes Clingerman.
Open time for the public.
• Update on security cameras for town properties.
• Sign appointment slip for Fire Chief James Young.
• Sign appointment slip for Superintendent of Highway, Cemeteries, and Parks Colin Killay.
Board of selectmen’s report.
Review Master Plan progress and discuss future master planning — joint meeting with Planning Board.
Next meeting: Jan. 10 at 6:30 p.m. in the town hall meeting room.