Building evacuated due to CO leak

GARDNER, Mass. (AP) — An apartment building in Gardner has been evacuated because of a carbon monoxide leak.

The Boston Globe reports that Gardner Police say a boiler malfunction caused carbon monoxide to spread through the three-story residence on Monday.

The building has more than 30 units.

Police say they’re ventilating the building to ensure all of the carbon monoxide is gone.

Some residents were treated on the scene. No one was hospitalized.

Police say that boilers often have more issues in cold weather because they are working that much harder.

The National Weather Service issued wind chill advisories covering a vast area from South Texas to Canada and from Montana and Wyoming through New England to the northern tip of Maine.

Filtered HTML

  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <blockquote> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.

Plain text

  • No HTML tags allowed.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
CAPTCHA
This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.
Image CAPTCHA
Enter the characters shown in the image.

Athol Daily News

PO Box 1000
225 Exchange Street
Athol, MA 01331
Phone: (978) 249-3535

 

Comment Here